Thursday 15 September 2011

Seasonal Living & Learning Issue 1 :: OUT NOW

issue 1


Autumn has to be my favourite season of all. There is so much colour, so much beauty. All those golds, yellows, fiery oranges and brazen reds, smouldering from one side of the tree to the other until the canopy on the horizon looks to be almost on fire.

There is also much busyness in preparing for the coming months regarding canning, and putting by. This season can be defined by its underlying message of 'getting ready to hunker down'.

My mind turns to the home once again after a season of outdoor living. I seek the warmth, the cosiness of home, trying to find a new rhythm of togetherness after having so much space in summer. I contemplate the winter woollens that I need to knit; the winter blankets I need to wash and get ready; the autumn recipes I need to dig out.

A new season is upon us, and as we seek the autumn rhythm in our homes, let's seek it together, shall we?

In this issue there are knitting patterns, sewing patterns, recipes and activities for the whole family. There is something for you all to bring a seasonal rhythm into your lives.

I admit that I wanted to do more, offer more, make it bigger and better, and I hope that this ambition sees the ezine go from strength to strength, but for now I offer the first edition at a special introductory price of £1.75 (thereafter £2.50).

You can buy a copy here at Seasonal Living & Learning Store.

2 comments:

  1. I've bought my copy - it's a bit funny really, looking forward to reading about Autumn when we're diving into spring :-) Ah well - just like buying my English Country Living every month - and just revelling in what is before me. I'm sure, despite the difference in seasons, there will be many lovely ideas and things I will want to add to our days. Good for you, jumping into this adventure - and I know exactly what you mean about the reticence - I suffer from this too. So much safer to never try in order that you may never fail - and yet, so ultimately disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so fantastic, I've just ordered our copy too. :)

    ReplyDelete