Autumn has to be my favourite season of all. There is so much colour, so much beauty. All those golds, yellows, fiery oranges and brazen reds, smouldering from one side of the tree to the other until the canopy on the horizon looks to be almost on fire.
There is also much busyness in preparing for the coming months regarding canning, and putting by. This season can be defined by its underlying message of 'getting ready to hunker down'.
My mind turns to the home once again after a season of outdoor living. I seek the warmth, the cosiness of home, trying to find a new rhythm of togetherness after having so much space in summer. I contemplate the winter woollens that I need to knit; the winter blankets I need to wash and get ready; the autumn recipes I need to dig out.
A new season is upon us, and as we seek the autumn rhythm in our homes, let's seek it together, shall we?
In this issue there are knitting patterns, sewing patterns, recipes and activities for the whole family. There is something for you all to bring a seasonal rhythm into your lives.
I admit that I wanted to do more, offer more, make it bigger and better, and I hope that this ambition sees the ezine go from strength to strength, but for now I offer the first edition at a special introductory price of £1.75 (thereafter £2.50).
Here you can learn all about our e-zine, find latest information about up and coming issues and much more. You can sign up to our Yahoo group to receive newsletters, add yourself to a list of people wanting to contribute to future issues, or you can contact us to air views, leave useful links or to request further information.
If you join our Facebook and Twitter pages you will also be included automatically in any future giveaways.
To find out more about us visit our ABOUT page for more background information.
The very first issue of Seasonal Living & Learning will be released on 15th September, 2011.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US ::
* Spread the word about Seasonal Living & Learning to your family and friends. Retweet this page, share us on Facebook - just plug us anyway you can, and ask others to do the same.
* Advertise with us! Buy ad space for your business or blog. For advertising information, please contact via email at seasonallivinglearning AT gmail.com
* Sponsor Seasonal Living & Learning! Donate to aid our operation. There is a donation button on our blog, http://seasonal-living.blogspot.com/
* Download the ezine! And visit our STORE page for other goodies as they arrive!
* Grab a badge for your sidebar ::
The more you can spread the word the more chance of success we have.